Invisalign, also known as invisible braces, is a revolutionary orthodontic method which straightens teeth without the use of braces. Instead, Invisalign works by using sets of aligners, made from clear medical-grade plastic, to move teeth into position. These aligners are custom-made to your teeth to achieve the best result for you.
At Salinas Ortho in Salinas, CA , we have been recognized for our expertise in using Invisalign and proudly have Super Elite provider status. Dr Cater and Dr Galante are certified by Align Technology and are highly experienced in this treatment method.
How does Invisalign work?
The Invisalign treatment process starts with your free initial consultation. If Invisalign is deemed suitable for you, then we'll take a 3D high-tech scan of your teeth and jaw. This scan is reviewed by our doctors and then sent to Invisalign headquarters where your custom-made aligners are manufactured.
The Invisalign technology can predict how your teeth will move during treatment. Every two to three weeks you will need to change your set of aligners to accommodate the movement of your teeth. Multiple sets of aligners are made in advance so you can pick up several sets at a time when you come in for your orthodontic check-up 8-10-weeks after starting treatment.
To be most effective, Invisalign aligners must be worn for 22 hours a day and should only be removed for eating, brushing and flossing.
Benefits of Invisalign
The greatest attraction of Invisalign for most patients is the fact that the aligners themselves are virtually invisible. People often find it difficult to tell you're having treatment - if they notice at all. But there are plenty of other benefits too, including:
- They are removable, which means you can take them out to eat and drink.
- They are easy to clean and, because you can take them out, it's easy to keep your teeth clean too!
- They are comfortable as they have no wires, metal or brackets to cause mouth abrasions.
- They don't interfere with your lifestyle because they can be removed for important occasions such as weddings, family photographs, important business meetings, and even first dates!
- They get results for the majority of orthodontic problems.
Types of Invisalign
There are four different types of Invisalign:
- Invisalign Comprehensive: for major orthodontic treatment which requires treatment of between 6 and 15 months.
- Invisalign Lite: for minor orthodontic problems affecting the six front teeth, Invisalign Express can achieve results within six months.
- Invisalign Express: for minor orthodontic problems affecting the six front teeth, Invisalign Express can achieve results within three months.
- Invisalign First: for children who require preparatory orthodontic treatment, Invisalign First aligners can prepare the teeth and jaws for treatment and help to reduce the extent of orthodontic work required.
Book your free consultation with us today to find out how you could benefit from Invisalign.